The relationship between vaccine refusal and self-report of atopic disease in children – Science Direct (This is the Abstract)
Study Proves Eczema is an Autoimmune Disorder – Healthline
Thinking Moms Guide to Red Flags – Eczema – Thinking Moms Revolution
Child Survives Smallpox Vaccine Reaction (Eczema Vaccinium) – Reuters
Timing of infant vaccines.. and eczema
“children with delayed DTaP had less eczema and less use of eczema medication.”
Dupilumab improves the molecular signature in skin of patients with moderate-to-severe atomic dermatitis. (This is the first study that proves eczema is an autoimmune disorder.)
Eczema Contraindicated in Smallpox Vaccine
“1) No child with atopic eczema or other skin disorder should be vaccinated. 2) No child should be vaccinated if any member of his family has eczema or other skin disorder. 3) Parents of children with eczema should be notified at the onset of the disease of the danger from vaccination contact. 4) If a sibling of a child with atopic eczema is vaccinated, he must be completely separated from that child for at least 21 days.”
(Note: Eczema Vaccinium is specific to Smallpox vaccine)
A list of studies showing skin conditions after vaccination, thanks to ThinkTwice.org:
- Illingsworth R, “Skin rashes after triple vaccine,” Arch Dis Child 1987 Sep; 62(9):979.
- Lupton GP, “Discoid lupus erythematosus occurring in a smallpox vaccination scar,” J Am Acad Dermatol, 1987 Oct; 17(4):688-690.
- Kompier, A J, “Some Skin Diseases caused by Vaccinia Virus [Smallpox],” Ned Milt Geneesk T, 15:149-157, May 1962.
- Weber, G et al, “Skin Lesions Following Vaccinations,” Deutsch Med Wschr, 88:1878-1886, S7 Sept 1963.
- Copeman, P W, “Skin Complications of Smallpox Vaccination,” Practitioner, 197:793-800, Dec 1966.
- Denning, DW, et al, “Skin Rashes After Triple Vaccine,” Arch Disorder Child, May 1987, 62(5): 510-511.